Pets As Therapy in UK Prisons
As a charity we operate in 28 prisons across the UK, bringing pets as a help to rehabilitation of inmates.
Our National Volunteer & Events Manager, Matthew Robinson, discusses with Dr Paul Manktelow what it means to visit prisons and why is it so important.
You can listen to this episode below:
Topics in the episode:
- How pets can provide therapy in a prison setting.
- Breaking down the stigmas around what prisons are for.
- How the prisons have adopted the initiative.
- The volunteers that want to work in prisons.
- How the presence of pets can change the relationship between staff and inmates.
- The assessment of dogs to be therapy pets.
- The impact that the therapy dogs are having on the prisoners.
The Consult Room is a space that celebrates pets and people.
Join them at www.theconsultroom.co.uk or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking to recruit more volunteers.
You can find more info here
Follow us on social media:
Back to Listing