Pets As Therapy may be a charity close to your heart. A legacy is a wonderful gift, so if you are able to, please think of us in your will.
Legacy gifts and donations fund around a third of all our charitable work. Every legacy, no matter the amount, will make a difference to the lives of others.
- £100 will let us assign four visiting volunteers to a one-off visit in a residential care home.
- £500 will allow us to assess and register 10 volunteers for school visits.
- £1,000 will enable us to place 10 teams of volunteers and dogs in hospitals.
Writing a will is straightforward. We recommend you engage a solicitor to ensure your wishes are carried out. Please note there are three ways you can remember PAT in your will.
- Leave a fixed sum of money (pecuniary)
This allows you to gift a specific amount of money, for example £50, £500 or £5,000.
- Leave a percentage of the net value of the estate (residuary)
This lets you leave a set proportion of your estate to charity, after other beneficiaries are taken care of. Even a gift of 1% can make a big difference.
- Leave individual possessions (specific)
This enables you to leave a specific asset, such as land, property or shares.
If you’ve already made a will but now want to leave a legacy to a charity, or increase the amount, you can make additions or changes without rewriting it.
Donating in memory of someone you love or a faithful pet is also a wonderful way to celebrate their life, and it can be comforting to know that this special tribute will help the wellbeing of others. You may wish to make a one-off gift, donate a funeral or memorial collection made in lieu of flowers or remember a loved one or animal companion regularly on a birthday or anniversary.