Pets As Therapy - Let’s Talk Dementia - 30 Sept
Let's Talk Dementia is a free event in support of families that want to learn more about dementia.
The event is free and will take place at Paintworks Event Space (location details below). Alongside the possibility of meeting our PAT Dogs and have a chat with our volunteers to learn how you could join us and become a volunteer with your dog or cat, the programme includes:
- Join in with some family and dementia friendly art sessions from the RWA
- Find out what support is available for carers from Bristol and South Glos Carers Support Centre
- Visit a giant inflatable brain dome and learn how the brain works
- Talk to Bristol Dementia Wellbeing Services
- Learn more about Bristol’s first dementia allotments, run by Alive Activities
- Meet our Pets As Therapy Dogs (they will be in a separated area and easy to avoid for anyone with allergies, or scared of dogs)
- Speak to researchers from the South West Dementia Brain Bank
- Find out what support is available for the Chinese speaking communities in the South West of England from CCWS
- Ask for valuable guidance on financial planning for later life with Harold Stephens IFA
- Speak to award-winning health care home providers Avery Healthcare
- Take part in a fun sports activity with ReEngage a charity supporting older people to be heard, valued and engaged.
- Bristol Dementia Action Alliance will share how they are making Bristol a dementia friendly city, find out how you can get involved!
- And so much more…
Let's Talk Dementia is a free event but please book your space HERE
Paintworks Event Space - Paintworks Event Space,The Airstream Main Courtyards, Paintworks, Bristol BS4 3EH
We are always looking to recruit more volunteers.
You can find more info here
Follow us on social media:
Back to Listing